Things went swimmingly for Pagham Parish Council’s duck pond last week when they were granted £1,550 from the Joint Western Arun Area Committee (JWAAC).
The grant was given towards the refurbishment of the pond and was decided at the Committee’s meeting on Wednesday November 24 at The Regis School, Westloats Lane, Bognor Regis.
The money is from the Community Initiative Fund - money West Sussex County Council gives the Committee to support local groups that deliver benefit to their communities.
Other grants agreed were:
· Arun Exact given £1,000 towards the set-up of a new drug and alcohol service-user project.
· £500 granted to Bognor Regis Lions Club to distribute funds to the local needy groups and charities.
· Bognor Regis Shopmobility given £500 for the purchase of computers for the office.
· Gym Joeys Pre-School Gymnastics, Bognor Regis, awarded £475 for the purchase of two foam-coaching blocks.
· South Bersted Church of England Primary School granted £400 for two sets of Reading Recover books.
Mike Coleman, Chairman of the Committee, said: “When deciding Community Initiative Funding, the Committee aims to help a wide range of groups and organisations that cover the whole community.
“This time we have given help towards the county’s environment, schools and young people, local groups and charities.
“To apply for funding, visit www.talkwithus.westsussex.gov.uk where you can download or complete an application form.”
For information on future meetings, visit the website or call Clare Gardiner, Locality Manager on 01243 752721.